Fitting For Light gauge stainless steel tubes for ordinary piping: press-type fitting
Molco Joint is a mechanical joint compatible with light gauge stainless steel tubes for ordinary piping.
Formerly, stainless steel plumbing was expensive, required a special set of technical skills and equipment for installation, and therefore was only used at plants with particular needs and hospitals. Press-type fitting was originally developed in Sweden and Germany and has been adopted in dozens of countries for a half century, establishing its position as a universalized system.
In Japan, since its release in 1975, Molco Joint has served various purposes as hot and cold water supply, air conditioning in various houses, malls and office buildings.
The joint body is made from stainless steel (defined in Japanese Industrial Standards as SUS304, SUS316).
IIR(Isobutylene Isoprene rubber) is used for the sealing ring attached inside the joint end. To obtain a consistent, sufficient strength and watertightness, insert the pipe to an adequete depth, and use our authorized press tool for installation.
Molco joint is a product made from stainless steel, a material "highly durable", "human-friendly" and "eco-friendly".
Advantages of using Molco joint are:
- Light gauge stailess steel pipes for ordinary piping (JIS G 3448), Light gauge stailess steel pipes for water work (JWWA G 115)
- Cold water, hot water, coolant water, cold/hot water and others
- Unavailable for steam plumbing.
- For use in piping systems for compressed air, ozone, inert gas, pure water, anti-freeze solution.
- For vegetable oil, the requirements may vary so please contact us for further details.
- Below 80℃
* This is a brief guidance. For further details, please read the installation manual.
* Please be sure to complete our installation workshop before construction.
Please do NOT use any press tools not authorized by BENKAN corporation for installation of Molco Joint, as it may cause leakage and other fatal problems.
Electro-hydraulic Press Tools Authorized by BENKAN Corporation
For small diameters (13Su, 20Su, 25Su).
Requires external power supply.
A portable battery-powered model for small diameter (13Su, 20Su, 25Su).
For larger diameters (30Su, 40Su, 50Su). Requires external power supply.